giovedì 10 novembre 2011

All Apologies

Brother,

  there is a remorse inside my soul: the memory of something bad I did many, many years ago, and just now, at the mature age of 32, I've found the courage to talk about it and apologize.

I have always had a bad temper, and growing up in our family surely didn't help, although this is no excuse.

Brother, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for that day when, for some stupid reason, I hurt you so much, hitting and hitting, unable to stop. Believe me, I beg you, when I say that not a single day ends without me feeling a piece of filthy crap for that. We were so small, just kids, yet I was big and strong already - and I should have used my strength to protect you, not to harm you.
The sound of your crying haunts me, and I bear it as the fair price to pay. Those tears of yours are the same I cry now, in silence, when I can speak with thw only person I know who really knows how horribly I feel- myself.

I'm sorry, dear brother. Since that day I have always been keeping my hands at bay. But the memory remains, and today I've decided to face it by apologizing to you with my heart open wide.

I love you, brother. Whatever happens, whatever our differences might be, no matter how hard we'll argue in the future, I'll always love you.

Your brother.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento