venerdì 16 dicembre 2011

The Sound of Silence

So here I am, unable to sleep, with the traitor comfort of cigarettes, and the unbearable noise of a quiet night.
I wish yesterday could never end: you were still with me, and the happiness of old days seemed to shine on us, like sunrays filter through a cloudy sky, or a thick forest.
But then you left, with nothing more than a promise, and I couldn't even hear the train clanging, for I still had your smell in my nose, the softness of your skin on my fingertips, your voice in my ears, telling me you'd work on it, and your soul still touching my heart, even after the last hug. Before realizing it, my face was full of tears... again.

Here I am, alone, wishing and hoping that what I've seen in you is true, looking at this furnished yet empty room, cold, trying not to cry, or to cry so much that I fall asleep. Until then, I'll stay with my only lover now: Silence.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento